The 2020 Abominable Snow Race
is now Virtual!
So the COVID-19 virus shut down Devil's Head and is looking to bring the world a stand still... but The 2020 Abominable Snow Race is not going away that easy. The ASR 2020 event is now a Virtual Race ... where the rules are simple (All racers were contacted with instructions via email. If you feel you did not receive the email, please contact us at email@example.com):
- Walk, crawl, jog, or run the same distance as your race entry at the 2020 Abominable Snow Race
- Record your workout in this form, uploading screen shots of your mileage below
- We will validate your entry quickly, and if valid, you'll earn your:
- Finisher's Shirt,
- Abominable Beanie
- Your race bib, and
- Your Medal(s)
- The miles must be completed by Midnight, April 30th.
- You may break up your mileage into multiple runs if needed
- Or you may choose to do any of the alternative workouts listed below.
- You are on the honor system ... If you cheat you're only cheating yourself. 🙂
If you or your team worked out on Saturday, March 14th in lieu of the Event (Any distance), this qualifies as your workout and you've earned your swag.
Teams - If you work out together, your Team captain can enter just once entry for the entire team. NOTE: the team must agree that everyone will pick up or everyone will have their swag shipped.
Once you've recorded your workout in this form - you have two options to get your racer swag...
- Free Option: Pick up your swag in Belvidere, IL on Saturday's from 9a-10a
- $10 Flat Shipping Fee: We will ship your swag direct to your home. (Paypal, Venmo options)
Alternatives to running include:
- You may choose to Bike your miles - please complete your Ride in a 3:1 ratio (ie, a 4 mile run = 12 mile bike)
- You may choose to Swim your miles - please complete your Swim in a 1:4 ratio (ie, a 4 mile run = 1 mile swim)
- You may choose to Row your miles - please complete your Row in a 1:2 ratio (ie, a 4 mile run = 2 mile row)
- You may choose to Collect Workouts at your local gym to qualify (1 workout = 1 mile)
Thank you for your understanding of this change... we did everything we could to keep the race on time as scheduled, but the impact of the coronavirus proved to be bigger than the event and the location.
Thank you Yeti Nation for believing in ASR, and we wish you good health and safe travels to You and your Family.
Bill Wolfe, Owner, ASR